Adaptation B: Idea change

After talking to Phil about my projects lack of certainty, and my generally vague approach to the project. I feel as if i am better able to choose a subject matter. Phil suggested i looked at creation myths as they are rooted in culture, which would help lead design and give me a better idea of what character i will look like. I started looking at Cherokee creation myths which lead me to heroic tales, but found it difficult to find a character to design. I then looked at Finnish myth and then their legends, but got the same result. Next was Chinese creation mythology where i saw familiar names such as Sun Wu Kong and Chang'e. I found two character  interesting, the first being Erlang Shen a god with a Third truth seeing eye. The second god is Gong Gong the water God, often depicted as a either a dragon or a human with a serpent for a tail. Although i liked the creatures in Chinese mythology i found Aztec more descriptive and interesting. In the end Coatlicue is who i would like to adapt, she is "" represented as a woman wearing a skirt of writhing snakes and a necklace made of human hearts, hands, and skulls. Her feet and hands are adorned with claws and . Her face is formed by two facing serpents". The only aspect i think i might change is the face is formed from two facing serpents, replacing it with an human head but somehow still incorporating the serpents. Possibly  as some adornment or extra appendages.


Comments

Popular Posts